Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 1-Admitting to the problem, cleaning out the cupboards.

Thought I would start a new blog so to speak. It is really going to be a daily bit, sort of a journal. Tomorrow I actually go to an endocrinologist for my diabetes type 2 which was diagnosed a little more than 2 years ago (April 2008). There goes that time flying again. I started out with a general practitioner treating me. I lost about 20 lbs, blood work was stabilizing but over the past 2 years I gained the weight back and now my blood glucose is really up. I take 500 mg of Metformin twice a day and I do not think it is working very well. My stomach is so sensitive to this medication that I cannot increase it. Hopefully tomorrow this new doc will start me on something that works better and give me hell-o about my diet.

Just so you know I am addicted to sugar. I crave it. I go in the store, buy products made from it, eat it and then feel so bad about it.  I have started eating better. Actually preparing a meal, buying fruits and veggies. This morning I took everything out of the cabinets that were a temptation, i.e. cake mixes, muffin mixes, baking chocolates, sweetened condensed milk, cookie mix, puddings, jello, etc. I took all this to work and said "free food". My co-workers took it all home. Yippee. Now I have a little good news to tell the doc tomorrow.



I am not going to bore everyone including myself with writing what I eat daily in this journal. I really want to use this to stay on track in a different way--dealing with food that gives me health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

little morsels